A small township of weatherboard houses built for rail workers existed here after the rail line opened in 1889. At one time there was a locomotive triangle, engine shed, crossing loop and goods platform.
The former bore flowed into a stone tank. The water was bitter, but warm for bathing.
The town died in 1929 when Edwards Creek depot opened.
Now contains a hotel, cafe, and camping ground and is officially Australia's smallest town, population 13.
Elevation: 74 metres
Latitude: -28.90625564 | Longitude: 136.347018