'The York' was built in Scotland c1860. Used as a lighter at Albany, WA in the 1870s, then from 1877 to 1925 in Port Adelaide, SA. Bought to carry mallee stumps from Whyalla to Port Pirie but was too big. Beached at Weeroona Island and used as a wharf or loading platform for carting stone to Port Pirie. Now a tourist attraction!